Next Iteration of the OFFDEM programme -- READ THIS

A point on methodology: OFFDEM is not a place to present your past year’s work or your own production, but a moment to share perspectives and propose collaborations that will be explored during the coming year(s). Therefore, individual presentations and slides should be minimized to what is required for a common understanding, and will be limited to work groups. If you must start with a presentation, please let’s keep it under 10 minutes.

This is a first and non final proposition for the programme, please comment and discuss it. We have gathered @xavCC, @how, and @natacha and tried to bring some cohesion to the different proposals, to create situations and moments of discussions towards concrete issues and propositions of organization: emphasizing work groups and conversations.

We therefore propose to start the day with a short general assembly during which we introduce below mentioned thematics ; then we discuss and agree on which workgroups are important to pursue them and split into smaller groups for the rest of the morning, and after lunch. This is a moment when those who wish to present their projects can: we have three beamers, please bring your slides on a USB stick.
The last part of the day we propose to get back together and share our discoveries and determine action points.

Practically we expect you to:

• be present with us at least half a day (in case the proposed timing is impossible for you please tell us we will adapt as much as we can)
  • attend the morning GA when your name is written in the talking points below
  • attend the defined work groups that will emerge from the discussions
  • attend the afternoon GA, or delegate your conclusions to someone in your WG

Themes

Saturday – Local Organization :cat:

__

Intention: the first hour will enable a global context for the discussion. Each participant came with concrete proposals and experiences. We cannot make space for all, but we can build a collective intent on these experiences.

8:30 - 10:00 – Chill in

• Café
  • Affichage des thématiques

10:00 - 11:00 – GA: Introduction

Each point should be introduced in 20 minutes, so there is a full hour of introduction covering the day’s topic before the conversation where you will have time to deepen the topics. For each point, we identified a number of people we expect to work together in introducing that part of the topic, given their response to the CFP. Introductions lead to a common discussion to determine which work groups will emerge and their purpose.

11:00 - 12:30 – Work Groups

Following the introductions, we’ll get a finer view or what we want to work on, and can split into work groups, each with a room. Beware: only three beamers available. The constituted work groups will probably have not much time in the morning to get started beyond getting to know each other. They can pursue their inquiry after lunch break.

12:30 - 14:00 – Lunch break

Vegan lunch at VSP.

14:00 - 16:00 – WGs

The work groups will be announced in the corridor and on the forum, along with their objectives and pads, so other people may eventually participate. Pads will be used for note taking and translation. Each group work on their topic for two hours before summarizing their conclusions, action points and next steps to the General Assembly.

16:00 - 18:00 – GA

Work Groups come with their conclusions in the Adolfo Kaminsky room.

• First round: 5 minutes per group to summarize what they have been working on.
  • Second round: 10 minutes per group to summarize conclusions
  • Third round: open discussion and decision on action points.

19:00 - 20:30 – Saturday Night Live

Dinner break (what do we do?) with DJ sets.

Live Sets:

Time table Turn tables
19:00 - ? Live coding and DJ set(s)
After… Bytenight!

DJ Sessions are a warm up towards Bytenight – the traditional hackerspace’s party. OFFDEM DJs should consider registering to Bytenight since we’ll have few slots for DJaying (18-20h, maybe afternoon ambient in the bar)

Sunday :sun_with_face: – Collective Data Sovereignty

__

8:30 - 10:00 – Chill in

• Café
  • Affichage des thématiques

10:00 - 11:00

Each point should be introduced in 20 minutes, so there is a full hour of introduction covering the day’s topic before the conversation where you will have time to deepen the topics. For each point, we identified a number of people we expect to work together in introducing that part of the topic, given their response to the CFP. Introductions lead to a common discussion to determine which work groups will emerge and their purpose.

12:30 - 14:00 – Lunch break

Vegan lunch at VSP.

14:00 - 16:00 – WGs

The work groups will be announced in the corridor and on the forum, along with their objectives and pads, so other people may eventually participate. Pads will be used for note taking and translation. Each group work on their topic for two hours before summarizing their conclusions, action points and next steps to the General Assembly.

16:00 - 18:00 – GA

Work Groups come with their conclusions in the Adolfo Kaminsky room.

• First round: 5 minutes per group to summarize what they have been working on.
  • Second round: 10 minutes per group to summarize conclusions
  • Third round: open discussion and decision on action points.

At some point we end the thing.

Unfortunately on Sunday I’m at FOSDEM to support the JavaScript devroom so I’ll only be able to be there on Saturday.

I would like express that I speak about Tails because I’m a long time
contributors in translations of it, and I would like speak about Orange
Book 2, because it’s a long time that I’m envolved in the community of
Hackmeeting.org in Italy. But the two topics are not related…and I’m
not strictly inside to the 2 organizations

@XavCC @how I realise there is no mention of hack2o in this program did we miss something?

Nope. I didn’t pull any proposal about it.

Perhaps we can add something like an ‘information track’ in Activities and a notification that I would be doing interviews with people who have been impacted by a water related issue (drinking water, agriculture, industry, privatization, natural disaster, etc).

It’s just a thought

I bootstrapped an index pad for note taking during the event, as none was setup yet.

“None” is me/my pending stuff, Sorry for the delay, we discussed on Wednesday this task that will be mine (supposed to free up your time and energy). Anyways, plz check your DM for sso troubleshooting / or my shitty asking about Z⅂L SSO Account.

A completely optional & orthogonal suggestion for an “offsite” activity, unfortunately at the same time as the “work groups” time on Sunday afternoon… (I always find too many things interesting!)

+ C O N S T A N T Workshop: Sunday 5 March 2023 from 14:00 to 16:00

rosa (they, them) is a feminist server that travels between different locations, providing a mobile infrastructure for learning, documentation, and experiments for the meetings that happened during the A Traversal Network of Feminist Servers project. rosa is not only its constituting hardware or software, but also the multitude of relations which are created around the making, maintaining and passing on of this infrastructure: the processes that are performed, the affective charge of their actioning, the communities around them.

In January and February 2023, the window of Constant will become a space for exploring the possibilities of shifting languages within a shared server. Vernaculars have developed from each situated iteration in Rotterdam (Varia, LURK) , Bucharest (hypha ), Graz (esc mkl ), Athens(Feminist Hack Meetings ) and Brussels (Constant ), accompanied by artists and researchers Marloes de Valk and ooooo . What languages compose rosa as a space beyond those that were inherited through their operating system and their dependencies? How can these languages be questioned and rewritten ?

A workshop animated by the artists will take place in Constant office on Sunday March the 5th, 2023. Please, register here: info@constantvzw.org

hub.vvvvvvaria.org/rosa

@how I’ll only make it Saturday 10am to 6pm so please remove me from Sunday first session.

but the event looks be in march?

I see that you wrote me in the conversation on Sunday, but I think I will be present only half day.

ok hopefully you join today with gender sec conversation

Sorry, my bad, it was last year’s programme lingering…

Now the https://ps.zoethical.org/t/ooo-ffdem-programme/6479/1 is there.