Since 2018 the Next Generation Internet Zero consortium provides low level bi-monthly funding for free software projects.
As mentoring partners for NGI0, the Association for Progressive Communication (APC), the Center for the Cultivation of Technology (CCT), and petites singularités, we propose a table at OOO₃FFDEM with documentation and a few people ready to talk with you. We would also like to facilitate discussion rounds around topics like:
- NGI0 projects meeting: discovering and creating synergies
- How to bring inclusiveness and diversity into the development process
- Administrative hack: Fiscal hosting for free software projects
We are of course happy, if you bring other topics, wishes and ideas
Where to Find Us?
We have a table at the OFFDEM venue next to the Adolfo Kaminsky room.
If nobody’s at the table when you come, look out for the NGI Zero Mentor badge: @maja, @igorabsorto and @rinhia will certainly be around, eventually talking to other NGI0 grantees.
there a few things we have to organize/discuss/decide about the discussion rounds we want to offer at OFFDEM.
What date & time would you prefere?
- Saturday, Feb. 4th: 10am-1pm
- Saturday, Feb. 4th: 11am-2pm
- Saturday, Feb. 4th: 1pm-4pm
- Sunday, Feb. 5th: 10am-1pm
- Sunday, Feb. 5th: 11am-2pm
- Sunday, Feb. 5th: 1pm-4pm
Every discussion should have a dedicated host. This is the current status. I hope this is ok with everybody?
- NGI0 projects meeting: discovering and creating synergies → @how
- How to bring inclusiveness and diversity into the development process → @maja and maybe @natacha ?
- Administrative hack: Fiscal hosting for free software projects → @rinhia
3) Additional Topics for discussion rounds
If you have other topics you wish to discuss or questions you have, don’t hesitate to post them here. We will then try to make room for them
To have a constant visibility at the NGI0 table, we’ve created a poster:
NGI0 Poster.pdf (461.2 KB)
Lanyards for NGI0 mentors
Still open is the questions, if the NGI0 mentors should wear special lanyards, so people know that they can be approached with questions about the program?
As there will be several people and projects who have received NGI0 funding coming to OFFDEM it would be amazing if some want to join this conversation initiated by the mentors group to expand on the community possibilities emerging here.
I would suggest to have an A4 poster behind the chairs at the NGI Zero table stating that “if there are no people here, look for this badge in the OFFDEM crowd: [picture]” and that’s it.
That’s a good idea. I will make an additional one
Well, I’m game in principle!