Wiki page and discussion with the intention of facilitating participation and pointing out where and how to act.
Table of contents is in the right margin
You can edit this page, you can post below this page and discuss with others.
If you’re looking for the CFP: OOO₃FFDEM Ozone Call for Participation (CLOSED) - petites singularités
Participating means many things, such as preparing and tearing down the event, proposing working groups, volunteering with hosting or communication ahead of time, note taking, supporting teams and activities during the event, etc. Surprise us.
Be attentive to yourself and to others as well
For each 4 sub-sections below, add your name or pseudonym, plus OFFDEM version where do you wheeling, with the conditions that suit your criteria and situation. If there are missing conditions, feel free to add them. You can always come back to the indications you have written according to the evolution of your situation, state, mood.
- “Form of commitment”, talk and think, logistics, peripheral help, specific tasks to be done, etc.
- “Engagement capability”, on site, remote, both, before, during, after OFFDEM
- “Area of activity”, communication / Internet, materials and supplies, note taking and documentation, installations, gathering, etc
- “Type of volunteer commitment”, permanent, regular, time-based, other
@XavCC #offdem-0x02 #engagement:offdem-0x03
- specific task, talk and think
- remote before event, on site during event, remote after event
- communication, documentation, gathering
- permanent commitment
- form of commitment: talk and think, peripheral help
- engagement capability: arriving in Brussels on Wednesday before OFFDEM, can help during setup.
- area of activity: note taking and documentation, installation
- type of volunteer comitment: regular
- form of commitment: talk and think, logistics, peripheral help
- engagement capability: available on Friday afternoon to help with final touches and setup.
- area of activity: installation, documentation, communication
- type of volunteer commitment: regular
- form of commitment: peripheral help, talk and think
- engagement capability: arriving in Brussels Thursday, Friday volunteer at chaosscon 23, leaving probably Monday
- area of activity: note taking and documentation, installations, communication
- type of volunteer commitment: regular
- Form of commitment peripheral help, low tech (!)
- engagement capability : on site, live near rue Volta
- Area of activity - … depends if help needed for the installation stuff …
translation from English, spanish => french
- type of commitment : lot of time before the week end, otherwise time-based
Caring to yourself and to others as well
This section describe some tips for OFFDEM Volunteering and provide ways to address, mitigate and resolve any conflict or issue that arise during the Volunteering effort, and after if needed.
Well-Being Team members are in charge of keeping the gathering welcoming. You can trust them with your secrets and your moods. New members are vetted by existing members of the community. When requesting membership, please state your experience with conflict resolution and psychology and your motivation to join the team.
- A specific point of contact/way/procedure (secure and not too complicated or several ways) must be added
- Indicate who (not necessarily the identity) will be on this team and their positioning (aka, I listen to you and respond to you from such and such a situation/ability/understanding, and I have such and such a commitment to you (responsibility, confidentiality, power to act, etc)
- talk and think, logistics
- both onsite and online, before, during, after OFFDEM
- materials and supplies, note taking and documentation, gathering
- Type of volunteer commitment : regular
Here is a simple todo list
- working on this wiki conference focus on Volunteering
- Translation of content into several languages
- sharing of the CFP by discussion with people/organizations close to the OFFDEM angle
Here’s a dedicated topic in our forum to organize ourselves, and help each other if necessary, for accommodation and travel.